Yoga comes to this place to increase self-awareness, with the system aid of the 8 Limbs of Ashtanga Yoga.
This includes a universal code of conduct:
1. Yama: codes of conduct;
2. Niyama: recommendations for spiritual living;
3. Asana: essence of starting with the body--steady and comfortable and balance of Abyasa (effort) and Vayragya (surrender);
4. Pranayama: expansion and channeling of the breath;
5. Pratyahara: drawing senses inward—life obstacles will be overcome by changing me, not the world;
6. Pharana: mind needs to be trained through concentration;
7. Phyana: meditation—once the “horse mind” has been trained and doesn’t have to be held anymore—wholeness, natural peace of mind.
8. Samadi: 8 Limbs—no longer separation: wholeness in meditation, and daily living.
(Joseph Le Page, personal communication,
March 18, 2004)